Thursday, May 30, 2013

Wife is Back

Mileage
Today: 2
Present: 139
Count: 20

Two years ago, my wife Maura convinced me to train for the San Francisco Marathon with her. I had never "wanted" to run a marathon, but I figured I'd give it a shot and support her. After battling through a tight Achilles tendon for most of the summer, I hobbled through the marathon with heavy race support from my good friend Ibuprofen in 3:20. Not a shabby time, but I didn't exactly finish strong.

I've heard that one of the most important characteristics of a good life partner is to what extent that person helps you become a better person and exposes you to new experiences.

Maura is just coming off an 8-month whirlwind of CPA studying and, pending results coming in next week, may be done. We are both running the NYC Marathon this November and I can't wait to have my training partner back.

This morning, we hit Bernal Hill for a couple laps. The wife is back!

http://app.strava.com/activities/57158632

No comments:

Post a Comment